First day of spring 2010

It’s warm! Gotta head outside. Once some household stuff was taken care of both in and out of the house we packed up and headed across the way to the Lake Sammamish area and Marymoor Off-Leash Dog Area – one of our favorite places.

And we're off!

Once the sun comes out, all Bekah can think about is water. March 21st and she's got on a swimsuit in Seattle!

She did confess that the water was cold.

Where Bekah thinks water, Jordan's thoughts immediately go to "'throwing rocks in the water', a favorite past time.

As we meandered down the trails, we eventually came to a bird sanctuary where dogs could go but had to be leashed. More water was located...

Ashley took hold of the camera and rock skipping began

It was so amazing to me that the trees could still be so bare and yet the temperatures be so comfortable.

The maiden, stripped to just her swimsuit

Down a great bridge trail with no idea where it went, just hoping we were actually on a 'loop'.

Aha! The Lake! Mom and Bekah at the end of the dock

Willie and Jordan reach the end of the dock

What was intended to be a family photo shoot - cut short by a wicked inch long splinter in Jordan's palm.

The girl with the camera! She did a great job. So many nature shots I could never post them all.

Quite a long walk. Jordan started complaining that his feet hurt. Should have paid a little more attention to that...

The good news: A gorgeous, 71 degree family day

The not so pleasant part was that even by the next morning, Jordan’s right instep looked horrendous. Puffy, purple, really scary. I thought he was going to end up with a serious pressure sore. The last few days have been spent purchasing new shoes he can wear without the splints (which he was rubbing on and caused the skin problem), adjusting the splints, back and forth conversations with physical therapist, and several calls to Children’s to set up appts. with orthopedists. It appears that Jordan’s instep has fallen more than 1/2″ in the last 4-6 weeks. He seems to be hitting a growth spurt that his foot and ankle ligaments just can’t support. Our goal at this point is to “save” the foot as much as possible until he is seen April 8th. Thanks for praying.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: